A consumer, cloth diaper hub
An international marketing campaign for cloth diapers.
We've all thought about it.
As an industry, word-of-mouth and online information is our strength, so we can turn our wish for an international campaign into a consumer-oriented website where parents, media, childbirth educators, and others will find reliable cloth diaper information. And, then we will direct consumers to you.
ConsiderCloth.org is the hub for that international campaign.
Launched April 2013
ConsiderCloth.org gives clear and simple explanations of what cloth diapers are and how they work
, building on an update of the beautiful brochure created by the RDIA Marketing Committee for the Consider Cloth kits distributed to childbirth educators over the past three years. (Download and print the brochure for your customers
- PDF 1.6MB.)
Business listing. One of the most important features of the initial ConsiderCloth.org site will be a directory of cloth diaper businesses. Consumers who see the Consider Cloth brand at classes and conferences will look at this directory first when they are ready to buy cloth diapers. Every RDIA member will be included in this business listing. You may also pay for an enhanced listing.
Cloth diaper demo kits.
The Consider Cloth program started in 2009 to put cloth diapers into the hands of those educators and birth professionals most likely to reach new parents when they need information about diaper choices. We send a kit to a doula, and that doula shows the cloth diapers to dozens, even hundreds, of clients who are your exact target demographic.
New Consider Cloth kits. The Consider Cloth program has been a big success as 1,200+ diaper demo kits have been distributed to childbirth educators at conventions (such as CAPPA and Lamaze) and through the RDIA website. Kits consist of diapers and accessories donated by manufacturers, brochures with basic cloth diaper information, and a listing of RDIA members. New to the program is a Facebook discussion group where kit buyers can ask questions of kit donors, since some childbirth educators don't know much about the products in their kit. Sponsorships have been available in the two previous rounds of the program, and it will soon be time again to build new kits with new sponsors. All Consider Cloth Kit printed materials will lead consumers back to ConsiderCloth.org to learn more about cloth diapers.
How will you participate in ConsiderCloth.org?
Sponsorships are currently OPEN.
You may pay online through PayPal or by mail with a check. You do not need a PayPal account to pay using any credit or debit card.
If you choose to pay by mail, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
so we know to reserve your place.
Consider Cloth Business Listings
Each of the industry’s categories will be represented by a separate webpage contained within ConsiderCloth.org that will list all RDIA member businesses and sponsors (for that category).
The top 5 listings are paid positions (Premium Listing). After those are listed, remaining listed businesses will be randomized to ensure equal exposure. At the bottom of the listing page there will be an option to segregate the list by country, state, province, etc. Member businesses get a free Standard listing for the category in which they are enrolled but can purchase additional Standard Listings for each business line as required.
- Diaper Services that are enrolled in the DS Accreditation Program will have either the Accreditation in Progress or Accredited Logo added to their listing.
- Alternate Premium Listing allows for sponsors to obtain the same look, but location on the listing will not be in the top 5 positions on the website.
- All sponsored listings below last for a 12-month term beginning at launch date or your start date.
||Love Diaper Manufacturing Loveland, ME
|| Diaper Retailing Retail Land, CA 555-555-5555 www.diaperretailing.com
|| DiaperServiceCo Service, KY 555-555- 5555 www.diaperserviceco.com
The best and only accredited service in the Tri-State area. New Customer packages available as well as in-home demonstrations!
Funds Pay For
During Phase 1, which is covered by the promotional opportunities on this page, your dollars will go toward:
1. Design and implementation of ConsiderCloth.org.
- Build the new consumer hub to which all RDIA print and electronic marketing will point.
- Provide you, the sponsor, and RDIA direct metrics to measure the success and value of specific marketing efforts.
- Transition the currently successful Diaper Service Locator and Daycare Directory from the RDIA organizational website to the consumer hub.
- Build a hot-linked directory of cloth diaper Retailers, Manufacturers, Artisans, and Diaper Services.
2. Production and Printing of new Consider Cloth Kits & Stickers.
- These stickers will become the new calling card of RDIA.
- Design and printing of the new ConsiderCloth.org stickers, to be included in the new kits and distributed at events.
3. Travel expenses to attend events.
- Remaining funds will be used to attend events promoting both Consider Cloth Kits for childbirth educators and the ConsiderCloth.org website for consumers. Events attended in the past include CAPPA annual conferences and Lamaze 50th anniversary conference.
Based on the success and feedback on Phase 1, additional programs and opportunities will become available in the future.
What is the deadline?
- ConsiderCloth.org Business Listing - ongoing, though top Premium spots are first come, first served for the 12-month term beginning with launch.
Who can sponsor ConsiderCloth.org?
Anyone whose primary business line is in keeping with the stated mission and values of the Real Diaper Industry Association. All links from ConsiderCloth.org must lead to cloth diaper or supporting products. RDIA Member have the first opportunity to claim the top 5 Premium positions.
Are there other sponsorships available through RDIA?
Yes, there will be other sponsorship opportunities available soon, including:
- Consider Cloth Kit sponsorships - logo included on kit and all printed materials with the kit
- Consider Cloth Kit donations - cloth diapers and accessories to be included in the kits
- How to Start a Diaper Service Kit sponsorships - samples and printed materials to be included in the kit purchased by prospective diaper service owners as they are ready to make their decisions about diapers, detergents, and other products for their new businesses.
Thank you for taking the time to consider sponsorship of RDIA programs.
As outlined above, there are many opportunities for all business sizes and needs. As the success of these programs increases, the exposure and awareness of your business will only elevate during this first phase of a larger effort to bring cloth diapering to a much broader consumer audience. These sponsorship opportunities represent the start of RDIA’s first international marketing effort using Consider Cloth as our brand and our message.
Payments & Paperwork
PayPal. You may pay online through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay using any credit or debit card.
Check. Completed paperwork and checks can also be mailed to RDIA.
Real Diaper Industry Association
1017 L Street, #338
Sacramento, CA 95814
Please look over our website to learn more about the great things going on around the organization.